There are plenty of diet pills that claim to do what no other diet pill can in just how they aid your weight loss. Old School Labs claims that their product, Vintage Burn ‘is uniquely formulated to spare muscle and strength while burning fat’ and describes their product as ‘the only fat burner on the market that makes sense’.
We decided to test these claims, and to take a look to see just how effective Vintage Burn really is.
Overall, we have slightly mixed feelings about this diet pill; in general, we are very impressed, although there are still a few issues and disclaimers we feel need to be mentioned.
The customer service that Old School Labs provides is amazing and by far the best we have ever seen from a supplement company. Even negative reviews, in which the customers experienced side effects, do comment on the excellent customer service they have received from the company. Their returns policy is provided by Amazon, and is comprehensive.
The customer reviews suggest that those who would benefit most from this product are those who are already working out regularly, eating healthily, and who want to overcome a plateau with their fat loss.
Vintage Burn Review
Based in California, Old School Labs, is on a mission to ‘create uncompromising, premium supplements for informed customers who demand the very best’ and to go against the status quo of cheaply produced, mass-marketed supplements.
What we are really impressed with is the customer service that Old School Labs provide. They go out of their way to contact every reviewer on Amazon, thanking them for their positive review, or offering additional support to customers who have left poor reviews after experiencing a lack of results. Vintage Burn seems to work best for customers who are already losing weight by following a regular exercise program and eating a balanced and calorie controlled diet, who are looking for an extra boost to speed up the results they are already achieving on their own.
How to Take Vintage Burn
As a dietary supplement, men and women take 2 capsules twice a day 30-60 minutes before meals.
We recommend starting with a smaller dose and slowly increasing it to the recommended daily dose, especially if you are not used to consuming large quantities of caffeine each day.
The product supposedly only contains natural ingredients. In general, the ingredients list seems to conform to this ideal. However, the inclusion of raspberry ketones suggests that this product is not entirely natural– whilst raspberry ketone is a naturally occurring compound, it is also lab-synthesised for use in large quantities, such as for the large doses found in diet pills.
Vintage Burn Concerns:
- Some ingredients have conflicting clinical trails
- Range of potential side effects
What Does Vintage Burn Claim To Do?
The Vintage Burn website make a lot of claims about the qualities of this product:
Burns Fat: Vintage Burn™ starts working immediately on driving fat loss using exclusively premium ingredients hand-selected for their purity and potency. Only natural, safe and effective ingredients make the cut into Vintage Burn™.
Preserves Muscle: Vintage Burn™ is uniquely formulated to spare muscle and strength while burning fat. This allows you to retain quality muscle, which in addition to looking great, burns three times as many calories as fat per pound.
Improves Focus & Mood: Vintage Burn™ also acts to improve your focus and mood safely and naturally. This helps you manage your diet and health goals more effectively, as well as power through more productive workouts.
So What Does All This Mean?
There are several ingredients in this diet pill that do appear to boost the metabolism, namely green tea, green coffee bean and caffeine. The effects of the remaining ingredients are disputed, with mixed results in clinical trials.
Raspberry Ketone has never been tested in humans, and so its effects upon humans are only based upon speculation- it is possible that it aids weight loss, but until trials are conducted using human participants, this ingredient’s full effects (or lack of) are unknown.
Forskohlii root extract is often described by diet pill companies as a miracle fat burner, thanks to the promotion provided by Dr. Oz. Unfortunately, the clinical evidence available disagrees with this description.
Garcinia is another fruit that has mixed results from clinical studies, and so, at the moment, its effectiveness is uncertain. There are several ingredient that improve mood, and are clinically proven to reduce anxiety. Caffeine also increases focus and mental alertness. As the official product website states,
this helps you manage your diet and health goals more effectively, as well as power through more productive workouts.
So Does Vintage Burn Work?
Although the clinical trials available suggest that some of the ingredients are not necessarily going to cause weight loss, there are several ingredients that have very strong clinical support. There are also several mood boosting ingredients that seem to be effective.
Customer reviews suggest that those who are already exercising regularly and dieting, having hit a plateau, benefit the most from this product. Overall, there are only a few negative reviews, mostly relating to side effects. If customers experience side effects, this stops their use of the product. Those who do not experience side effects appear to go on to successfully lose weight.
So What Is Vintage Burn and What Are The Ingredients For Vintage Burn?
The following quantities provided are present in each serving of two capsules:
- Green tea leaf extract (330 mg): Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a very low calorie diet.
- Green coffee bean extract (270 mg): An extract from unroasted coffee beans which may aid with weight loss. Several trials have found that overweight subjects lost significant amounts of weight whilst consuming green coffee bean extract, especially when compared to a placebo. Weight loss results were not seen in patients that were of a normal healthy weight already. The active compounds in green coffee extract appear to be caffeine and chlorogenic acid.
- Raspberry ketones (200 mg): Raspberry ketone is the part of a raspberry (and other fruits) that provides the distinctive smell of raspberries. Whilst it can be extracted from the fruit, especially for use in food flavourings and perfume production, it is much cheaper to synthesize it in a lab, especially for the large quantities that are required for use in raspberry ketone supplements. Whilst there is a small amount of evidence that raspberry ketone can cause weight loss in rats, there have never been any human trials on the potential weight loss effects of raspberry ketone. The safety of using such large quantities of raspberry ketone has also never been fully researched.
- Olive leaf extract (160 mg): appears to mildly decrease the amount of LDL cholesterol present in the body. Also appears to boost the production of thyroid hormones, which should indirectly boost the metabolism. However, the resultant weight loss results were minimal or non-existent, suggesting that its metabolic boosting effects are fairly insignificant.
- Caffeine (150 mg): Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels, mental focus and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
- Bacopa leaf extract (130 mg): Used to reduce anxiety, improve memory, and seems to have a minor ability to treat depression, making it a general mild mood booster. Doses are typically larger than used in this diet pill, and effects can take time to achieve a noticeable level, as the effects appear to accumulate with repeated use.
- Garcinia fruit extract (100 mg): Garcinia Cambogia is a small fruit, also known as the Malabar Tamarind. Test tube and animal research suggests that HCA, the active compound in Garcinia Cambogia, may be helpful in weight loss because of its effects on metabolism. However, studies in humans have found mixed results. Some studies have found it has no effect upon either appetite or metabolic rate, whilst others showed increased weight loss compared to the use of a placebo.
- Chrysin (100 mg): A naturally occurring flavonoid, Chrysin is used for bodybuilding and treating anxiety, amongst other uses. Some claim that it increases testosterone, but this only seems to be the case when it is injected directly into the testicles.
- Forskohlii root extract (60 mg): A plant belonging to the mint family that is thought to boost the metabolism. However, the clinical trials performed using this ingredient have shown no weight loss, even when the participants’ lean muscle mass increased and fat mass decreased. The trials also shows no change in metabolic markers, or change to the participant’s calorific intake, even though they reported slight appetite suppression.
Does Vintage Burn Have Any Side Effects?
Studies have shown that Bacopa leaf causes upset stomachs in participants much more than placebos. This has led to the recommendation that this ingredient be taken with a meal, rather than on an empty stomach, as this will minimise the chances of getting an upset stomach. This may explain why some people experienced an upset stomach whilst using Vintage Burn. Similarly, some people noted headaches and shaking when using the tablets on an empty stomach, which is likely a side effect of a large amount of caffeine entering the blood stream at once.
Caffeine is a significant ingredient in this diet pill, especially as it is often present elsewhere in the consumer’s diet, from soft drinks, tea and coffee. Caffeine can cause headaches, increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, heart palpitations, increased urination, dehydration, jitteriness and insomnia.
Garcinia Cambogia can cause dizziness, dry mouth, headaches, an upset stomach and diarrhoea. The possible side effects of Forskolin include headaches, a decrease in blood pressure, increased heart rate, heart palpitations, dizziness, blurred vision, nausea, fatigue, lack of concentration, heart burn, indigestion, stomach cramps. Obviously, if any of these side effects are experienced, consumers are advised to cease the use of the diet pill.
Forskolin may also interact with prescribed medications, especially blood thinners and blood pressure medications. Consumers should consult their doctor before use if they are taking any prescription medications.
Not suitable for those under the age of 18, or pregnant or breastfeeding women. Not suitable for those with cardiac-related health issues, including high blood pressure. Not suitable for those taking prescription medication. If in doubt about the suitability of this product, consult your doctor with a full ingredients list.
Any Vintage Burn Reviews From Customers?
Because the product is sold exclusively on Amazon.com, there are well over 200 reviews that have been left through the sales site. These consist mostly of four and five star review, although there are some negative reviews that have been left by individuals who experienced side effects or experienced no results. Customers who felt little or no results were disappointed, especially because they felt they has wasted a large amount of money on the product, which is fairly expensive.
However, some customers have noted that the customer service they experienced was excellent, and that they were able to obtain a refund.
The product itself didn’t work for me. Major headaches and very shaky. I should have known better because my body doesn’t handle supplements very well. But, the company refunded me my money without even having to ask. Wonderful customer service!!!
Old School Labs have contacted many of the reviewers on Amazon. They offer customers who have given poor reviews recommendations to obtain better weight loss results, should the customer contact them directly. This is possibly one of the best companies we have seen for customer service, proactively trying to help customers who are less than satisfied with their results, as well as updating customers on the status of their orders, pointing out unnoticed discount offers and thanking customers for purchasing from them.
Overall, the positive reviews are glowing:
After getting lazy and overweight again, I wanted something to help kickstart my new workout routine. I found Vintage Burn on Amazon a few months back and was impressed by the reviews. I find that it does offer the benefits of an energy boost without the overwhelming rush and jitters. Combining this with healthier eating and increased exercise has paid off so far. I look forward to seeing bigger results as I continue with the program.
And as good as the product is, the customer service may be even better. I’ve made two orders and both times have received a personal email and a follow up, including info about a promotion I hadn’t been aware of. Very impressed.
What About A Guarantee
Vintage Burn is available exclusively from amazon.com, which means customers are protected under the amazon returns policy:
Buying Old School Labs™ on Amazon.com makes sense because you are protected by their A-Z return policy which is one of the best and most comprehensive return policies in the world of ecommerce. To access the “Returns” menu in Amazon, in the “Your Account area” choose “Orders” > “More Order Actions”, and click on “Return or Replace Items”.
Where Can I Buy Vintage Burn?
Vintage Burn is available exclusively from Amazon.com. It is currently only available to those in the USA. A bottle of 120 capsules will last approximately one month, although the individual usage may mean a single bottle lasts as little as 20 days. Considering that a single bottle is fairly pricey, costing $49.99, this can be a very expensive diet pill in the long run, if being used at the maximum dosage of 6 capsules per day.
There are bulk purchase offers, as listed in the product description on Amazon.com:
Get 15% off any 3 products with code “BUNDLE3X”, and 20% off any 5 products with code “BUNDLE5X”.
Customers can mix and match this offer with the other product from Old School Labs, Vintage Build. The product also comes with free delivery.