Prime Labs is a US supplements company. All supplements are made in the USA, and are available solely via Amazon. Prime Labs does not provide any contact details apart from an email address.
If you have concerns that your testosterone levels are abnormally low, a visit to your doctor where you can take a blood test will be the best solution. Taking this supplement instead is not a very sensible option. It contains a blend of mainly untested ingredients in unknown quantities, and in our opinion the chances of this supplement working as described are minimal.
Don’t be fooled by the fact that it appears to have worked for thousands of other people. Prime Labs have manipulated this by giving away free bottles of product in exchange for a positive review. Ask yourself this; if Prime Test really worked as described why would the company bribe customers in order to create a false impression?
You should not take this supplement if you are taking prescription medication, or if you have had a hormonally sensitive medical condition.
It will not work. There is nothing contained in this supplement that can increase testosterone in the way as described. In our opinion, this supplement is nothing more than an old fashioned con that is designed to target male insecurities. Don’t fall for it.
Prime Labs Prime Test Review
Prime Test is a supplement that proposes a way to boost your testosterone levels, and with the black product bottle decorated with a red image of a powerful man bull displaying muscles, it gets the message across, but does not look much different from many other products on the market.
What sets Prime Test apart, is the sheer volume of positive customer feedback comments posted on Amazon USA. It seems extremely popular with over 7000 people reviewing this product with favourable feedback. This high level of customer feedback suggests that either this supplement is very popular and effective, or more likely that there has been some underhand trickery going on!
Prime Test contains a range of T boosting herbal ingredients that the advertisers say will have numerous benefits to men, including improved stamina, sex drive, and as a support to muscle building and weight loss.
How to Take Prime Labs Prime Test
- Take 2 tablets of Prime Test Testosterone Booster with a glass of water as directed
- Include regular workouts and consumption of a protein-rich balanced diet in your daily routine
- Use the supplement regularly along with a healthy lifestyle for best results
Ingredients include Horny Goat Weed, Tongkat Ali, Saw Palmetto, and more. One of the listed ingredients is Wild Yam extract, a natural source of the hormone DHEA which is a powerful precursor to testosterone production. All these ingredients are the usual suspects present in many of the testosterone booster supplements on the market.
Check out the ingredients tab to find out more.
Disappointingly, all these ingredients are combined in a proprietary blend so it is impossible to know the individual ingredient quantities. However, at 1484mg per two capsule serving it looks as if it may be strong.
Prime Labs Prime Test Concerns:
- May cause side effects
- You should visit your doctor if you suspect you have low testosterone. Symptoms like fatigue could be caused by other health issues
- Untrustworthy company. A reputable business would not manipulate customer feedback on Amazon
The company information simply states that Prime Labs is a distributor of dietary supplements, but the good news is that the company states that they use manufacturers based in the USA who have certified standards of GMP (good manufacturing practice).
We have not covered Prime Labs supplements in any previous reviews.
What Does Prime Labs Prime Test Claim To Do?
According to the product information there are four key features;
- Ramps up free testosterone levels in healthy males
- Replenishes energy stores across the body
- Enhances lean muscle gain for improved vascularity
- Restores sexual health, drive, and performance
The advertising introduces a fear factor to make you buy this supplement!
By the time men hit 30 years old, their natural testosterone levels are in decline. And while you may not notice it instantly, by the time you’re 36 you could be suffering from low stamina, poor sexual performance, and even a loss in confidence. That’s why you need Prime Labs Prime Test Testosterone Booster, a natural supplement that helps you regain your dwindling testosterone so you can take back your manhood.
Does Prime Labs Prime Test Work?
No we don’t believe this supplement will work as described.
Many of the herbal components of Prime Test do come with some clinical testing, but the downside is that results are not really proven to increase testosterone. In addition, without knowing the full ingredients quantities it is impossible to assess whether these conform to the limited clinical testing available.
Wild Yam extract for example, contains a chemical called Diosgenin that can be made into Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) in the lab. DHEA is a hormone that is a precursor to testosterone. However, there is no evidence that taking a supplement containing Wild Yam which magically causes increased testosterone in the body.
Horny Goat Weed has a great sounding macho name, and is used in Chinese Medicine. It is often used for erectile dysfunction because it is believed to increase blood flow, but again no real evidence that it does.
There is some evidence for Tongkat Ali. Animal testing suggests it may increase sperm count, and anecdotally some men claim that it does work as an aphrodisiac.
But overall, there is nothing contained in this supplement that has any real evidence it will work as described.
As the advertising says, testosterone levels do decrease over the years. Testosterone levels peak at around 20 years old and in general decrease by 1% per year after that.
However, there is a wide range of normal testosterone levels which can be anything from 270 to 1070 ng/dL (nanograms per decilitre) so unless you know you have a problem with abnormally low levels of testosterone, this may not be a problem for many men.
A simple way of finding out is to visit your doctor for a blood test.
Improving your lifestyle can help increase testosterone. Obesity diet, alcohol, and activity levels can all negatively impact testosterone levels as well as general health.
What Are The Ingredients of Prime Labs Prime Test?
Serving size is equal to two capsules.
- Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate) (33.28mg): One of the most common mineral compounds on the planet, and a substance in rocks, shells, and limestone. Used in anti acid supplements and a common food preservative.
Testosterone Blend (1484mg):
- Horny Goat Weed (leaf): Herb often used in Chinese medicine, and believed to increase blood flow. Is sometimes taken for erectile dysfunction, but no real evidence it works.
- Tongkat Ali Extract 100:1 (root): There is strong evidence based on animal testing that this herbal extract could help male infertility and increase testosterone in males who have a low testosterone count. It may also help boost exercise and muscle mass if taken regularly. The standard dosage of Longjack is 200-300mg of a 100:1 extract, which is the equivalent of 20-30g of the dry root of the plant. Source
- Saw Palmetto Extract (fruit): Fruit extract that is often taken to treat prostate infections, and can help reduce the size of the prostate gland. Some people believe that Saw Palmetto is a cure for baldness, but there is no real evidence. Source
- Orchic Substance: Made from cattle testicles. Some people believe that eating cattle testicles improves manliness, but there is no evidence that it does anything at all. Source
- Wild Yam Extract (root): Wild Yam contains a natural chemical called Diosgenin that can be made into Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) in the lab. There is no evidence it can cause increased testosterone in the body. Source
- Sarsaparilla (root): Sarsaparilla is a herbal extract best known as an old fashioned American soft drink flavouring. It is actually a tropical plant which may have health benefits. It is also known for causing interactions with drugs. Like Wild Yam Sarsaparilla is a source of Diosgenin, so could be made into DHEA in the lab. However it will not do this in the body.
- Nettle Extract (root): Stinging nettles are well known across Europe and are a powerful diuretic. They may have other health benefits too, but there are no claims that this herbal ingredient can increase testosterone levels.
- Boron (as Boron Amino Acid Chelate): Mineral present in food and the environment, and boric acid is well known for its anti bacterial properties. Boron is believed to increase testosterone levels, but it lacks any real evidence that it is effective for this purpose.
Does Prime Labs Prime Test Have Any Side Effects?
There is always a risk of side effects, especially when taking a blend of mainly under researched herbal extracts in unknown quantities. However the herbal extracts here do not seem to be especially linked with side effects, although this could be because of a lack of information about them.
Potential side effects may include;
- Changes to blood pressure
- Drug interactions
- Hormonal effects
- Increase urine output
Not suitable for individuals under 18. This supplement is aimed at men only but should certainly not be taken by women who are pregnant or breast feeding especially as some of the ingredients may cause birth defects. Speak to your doctor before use. Do not take in combination with prescription medication or if you have any underlying health issues, especially around hormonally related medical conditions.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Prime Labs Prime Test?
There are over 7000 customer reviews posted on Amazon. And with the vast majority of the reviews very positive, it creates a very favourable impression of this supplement. In fact, it is the one factor that makes Prime Test stand out from all the T boosters on the market.
This customer highlighted the reason for this popularity.
They offer a free bottle if you write a 5 star review on Amazon. I don’t need another bottle, even if it’s free, because I won’t use this again. I’ve taken a lot of Test boosters and this ones the most useless. Not worth wasting my time for a free bottle
Many other customers have mentioned this, including one man who tried to claim his free bottle but entered an invalid code.
Skip it, this company is scamming all of their 5 star reviews !!! They promise to send u free product after u submit and send them proof of this afore mentioned review.
Sadly they send a code that is invalid and not usable !!!!! I notified them about this and they did not address the problem !!!!!! Also I thought Amazon had ceased to allow the practice of free products for biased reviews
This man may have thought that Amazon had banned the use of biased reviews, but only complained when he was unable to claim his free bottle!
With this in mind it is unlikely that many of the so called 5 star reviews are genuine. If the supplement does not work, the company just bribes the customer with a freebie so it is impossible to get a genuine and unbiased opinion.
Let’s face it. If this supplement was any good, Prime Labs would not have to give away freebies in order to trick other customers to buy.
Does Prime Labs Prime Test Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
There does not seem to be a money back offer with this supplement.
Where Can I Buy Prime Labs Prime Test?
Prime Test is only available via Amazon USA.
If you visit the Prime Labs website, you are taken to the Amazon product page in order to buy.