Phenom Health is a US supplements company based in Colorado and the company also has a British office, dealing direct with UK customers. Worryingly Phenom Health has been associated with ripping off customers with a free trial auto ship scam on various supplements, both in the USA and UK.
The UK version of Phenom Health Test X Core is on sale from the Phenom Health UK site where it costs £69.95 for 60 capsules (1 month’s supply).
You can also buy via Amazon. However, only the UK version of Phenom Health Test X Core is available from both Amazon USA and Amazon UK.
It costs $59.00 via Amazon USA and £50.00 via Amazon UK.
We are not at all impressed by Phenom Health Test X Core. These two different but same named supplements are not going to boost testosterone in the way as described. The fact that the US version of this supplement contains a lot of ingredients in unknown quantities, and is not available to buy anywhere where customers could leave feedback is an added concern. We think the US version is highly likely to cause side effects, but it is impossible to find anyone who has reported trying this supplement.
The UK version of Phenom Health Test X Core looks pretty ineffectual. The overriding customer opinion is that it does not work, but the good news about this is that it does not seem to cause adverse effects so is probably safe to use. However why would you? It doesn’t seem to do anything at all and it is expensive.
We do not trust Phenom Health. This company is known to employ some pretty dodgy tactics in order to get customers to sign up to auto ship, and there is a long list of customer complaints about this on various consumer sites, both in the UK and the USA.
You may get suckered into signing up to auto ship if you buy from the official sites. It certainly could happen. A ready prepared “support “page on the official US website seems to show the company is anticipating a lot of complaints.
Phenom Health Test X Core Review
Phenom Health Test X Core is a supplement that claims to boost physical performance and recovery time, by helping your body to increase testosterone levels. Testosterone levels in men start to decrease after the age of 30 and continue to decrease every year. This is normal but it can lead to problems such as low mood, erectile dysfunction, and a lack of strength and muscle as we age.
Test X Core is a supplement that contains a selection of herbal ingredients that are all supposed help your body increase testosterone naturally.
Ingredients in the US version of this supplement include some well known ingredients such as Saw Palmetto, Tongkat Ali, Fenugreek, Zinc (which helps the body produce testosterone), and Lycopene (the compound found in tomatoes which may help protect against prostate disorders). All the ingredients have been studied for their testosterone boosting capacities with varying levels of success.
In addition, Test X Core contains Panax Ginseng, an Adaptogen plant extract known for making you feel generally better, and there are vitamins and minerals as well.
The UK version is slightly different and includes Horny Goat Weed Extract. Check out the ingredients tab to find out more about both versions of this supplement.
How to Take Phenom Health Test X Core
- Take 2 capsules daily with a full glass of water alongside a meal
- Use only as directed
- Consult a health care practitioner if you have a serious medical condition or use prescription medication
Phenom Health originated in the USA but it also operates in the UK. According to company information, all supplements on sale in the USA are manufactured in the USA, and the UK supplements are manufactured in the UK. Both versions are not the same.
Worryingly, we have uncovered a long list of customer complaints from both sides of the pond about Phenom Health. It seems Phenom Health have been operating a free trial scam on many of their supplements, signing people up to auto ship agreements without their knowledge and automatically withdrawing cash from their accounts.
The free trial scam is where you are encouraged to take a so called free trial, but is in fact a cover for signing you up to an auto ship agreement. Auto ship is where fresh supplies are delivered to your home each month, and your credit card or bank debited automatically. As is the case with Phenom Health, this type of agreement can be hard to cancel.
According to disgruntled customers, Phenom Health has done this with two products in the UK; Daily Power Cleanse and Wild Raspberry Ketone. Source
Phenom Health Test X Core Concerns:
- Phenom Health has past form in ripping off customers with auto ship contracts. This may happen to you if you buy direct from the Phenom Health website
- No customer feedback and not easily available to buy. Why is the US version of Test X Core so hard to find on sale even in the USA? Does this suggest the company are scared of adverse feedback?
- Neither of these supplements will help you increase testosterone. These expensive supplements look like a total waste of money
There is a long list of complaints from US customers, all saying they have been signed up to auto ship and billed without their prior knowledge. The company have done this on numerous products and if you look at the “support” page on the website, you will see that many of the Phenom Health products are listed with a phone number where you can cancel your “refill subscription. ”
If you have done this with Test X Core, here are the details;
The free trial scam has taken different paths. For example some customers were invited to take part in a “free trial” for Test X Core via a questionnaire in Walmart. Other customers have been led to the free trial offer in a variety of other routes.
One man who signed up via the Walmart questionnaire was charged $89.41 from Phenom Health, plus a mysterious $39.99 from an unknown company, after expecting to pay only $4.99 for the free trial.
Many other customers have reported the same and have also mentioned additional instant bank debits from unknown sources which are never explained. There are over 30 complaints in total. Source
See our guide to free trial scams and how to get your money back.
What Does Phenom Health Test X Core Claim To Do?
According to the advertising,
“As men get older, testosterone levels begin to drop. In fact, after age 30, your testosterone levels drop by 2-4% per year. If you are looking for an edge, a secret weapon, that will help you push harder and maximize your potential… Well, we are here to help. TEST X CORE is a safe way to boost free testosterone and burn fat. Almost every man can benefit from a boost in free testosterone to intensify his experience in the gym and in the bedroom.”
There are no other details, such as clinical proof or an explanation about how Test X Core will achieve these effects.
Does Phenom Health Test X Core Work?
Testosterone does decrease as we age and this is natural. However, there is plenty you can do about this before you turn to supplements. Testosterone is very much linked to male general health and if you are fit, healthy, and active, testosterone levels will be higher than if you are inactive. Diet and exercise plays a key role, as does keeping active in the bedroom. Obesity is a contributory cause to low testosterone, so losing weight will also help increase T levels.
That said, low testosterone leads to feelings of fatigue, erectile dysfunction, muscle loss, and more, so low testosterone and low mood and activity is all part of the same circle. You should visit your doctor if you have concerns about your energy and testosterone levels, as there could be an underlying medical cause.
So does Phenom Health Test X Core work? It seems unlikely to work very well and although some of the ingredients look OK, there is a lack of information regarding quantities in the US version. Also, Phenom Health looks very dodgy as a supplements company. There are lots of customer complaints about billing, and even the people who have not been ripped off financially have left numerous complaints about Test X Core as a supplement.
What Are The Ingredients of Phenom Health Test X Core?
There are two versions of Phenom Health Test X Core, depending on whether you buy it in the USA or UK.
Phenom Health Test X Core USA version
Serving size is equal to 2 capsules. However, ingredient quantities are not disclosed so it is impossible to assess the strength and efficacy of each individual component.
- Magnesium Citrate: Magnesium is one of the body’s most plentiful minerals, and important for many important roles in the body.
- Saw Palmetto Fruit Extract: Fruit extract that is often taken to treat prostate infections, and can help relieve the symptoms of an enlarged prostate gland by reducing pressure on the tubes that carry urine.
- Panax Ginseng Root Extract [10:1]: Panax Ginseng is a well known Adaptogen, which means it generally helps you feel better in a way that is not really understood by science. Thousands of people take ginseng supplements but it can cause side effects. Here is concentrated form but as we don’t know the quantities, we cannot tell how strong this will be.
- Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma Longifolia Root): There is strong evidence that this herbal extract will help male infertility and increase testosterone in males who have a low testosterone count. It may also help boost muscle mass and exercise if taken regularly. The standard dosage of Longjack is 200-300mg of a 100:1 extract, which is the equivalent of 20-30g of the dry root of the plant. Quantities are probably insufficient here. Source
- Fenugreek (Trigonella Foenum-Graecum) Seed: This Indian cooking spice is high in powerful natural chemicals, but medical benefits have yet to be established. Source
- Lycopene: This caratenoid is found in the skin of red fruit and veg, especially tomatoes, and may help protect the body against prostate cancer. You should include plenty of red tomatoes into your diet for best effects.
- Astaxanthin: Carotenoid pigment with a powerful antioxidant function.
- Tribulus (Tribulus Terrestis, Fruit): Mediterranean fruit extract that is often taken to improve sexual and exercise performance and some studies suggest that it may be effective. However it may cause numerous side effects including a possible link with prostate problems. Source
- L-Arginine: Amino acid produced in the kidneys that helps relax arteries increasing blood and oxygen flow.
- Taurine: Amino acid that may help protect heart health. Not the energy booster once believed to be.
- Boron (Boron Citrate): Mineral present in food and the environment, and boric acid is well known for its anti bacterial properties. Boron is believed to increase testosterone levels, but it lacks any real evidence that it is effective for this purpose.
- Zinc: Important mineral that encourages testosterone production.
- Test X Core also contains: Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Folate, Selenium, Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol), and Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin).
Phenom Health Test X Core UK version
The UK version of this supplement contains fewer ingredients, but quantities are provided.
Serving size is equal to 2 capsules:
- Horny Goat Weed Extract (100mg): Herb often used in Chinese medicine, and believed to increase blood flow. It is sometimes taken for erectile dysfunction, but no real evidence it works for this purpose. There is zero evidence that it increases testosterone.
- Maca Extract (100mg): Peruvian plant extract that is high in amino acids and other nutrients. It is sometimes taken as an aphrodisiac, but it does not increase testosterone levels. In fact, Maca acts like oestrogen in the body so should not be taken if you have a hormonally sensitive medical condition.
- Korean Ginseng (White) (100mg): White ginseng is derived from Panax ginseng, but is steamed after drying. Like Panax ginseng, it works as an Adaptogen meaning it can improve feelings of wellbeing.
- Tribulus Terrestis Extract (40mg): As above.
- Zinc (20mg): As above.
- Fenugreek (200mg): As above.
Does Phenom Health Test X Core Have Any Side Effects?
Phenom Health Test X Core comes in two versions, with the US version containing more ingredients in unknown quantities than the UK version. However side effects could be a risk in both and may include;
- Mood changes
- Increased heart rate
- Changes to blood pressure
- Stomach pains
- Changes to blood sugar levels
- Changes to oestrogen levels
- Prostate issues
Not suitable for individuals under 18. This supplement is not aimed at women, but it should not be used if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Speak to your doctor before use if you have an underlying medical condition or are taking prescription medication in case of interactions.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Phenom Health Test X Core?
There are customer reviews on Amazon USA and Amazon UK. Surprisingly these are all for the British version of this supplement, and the US version does not seem to be available from anywhere other than the official Phenom Health USA website.
The overriding opinion is very negative with a whopping 63% of users leaving one star reviews.
Ridiculous product… no benefit whatsoever
What a joke!
Useless product and terrible Customer Service – DO NOT BUY THIS!
One good point is that nobody has mentioned side effects.
Does Phenom Health Test X Core Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
There is no money back guarantee on offer.
Where Can I Buy Phenom Health Test X Core?
You can only buy the US version of Phenom Health Test X Core direct from the official US Phenom Health website. It does not seem to be available elsewhere.
The UK version of Phenom Health Test X Core is available from the UK Phenom Health website.
You can also buy the UK version of Test X Core via Amazon USA and Amazon UK.