Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy is a powder that you just add to water to make an energy drink to use as a pre-workout, or just when you need a boost in your day. It is available in a wide choice of flavours and according to the advertising, will enhance energy and focus as well as aid in muscle recovery. It looks great and we want it already, but does it really live up to the claims? We find out about Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy.
Optimum Nutrition, or ON as it is usually called is a well known USA brand that is available worldwide.
Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy Pros
- Unlikely to cause any side effects
- May work as described
- Not expensive
- Wide choice of flavours
Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy Cons
- Not very strong for a pre-workout supplement
- You will use up the powder very quickly if you use the maximum 4 scoop serving size
- Complaints about the flavours
Consider using the consumer #1 rated weight loss product – CLICK HERE
Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy Overview
What You Need To Know About Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy
Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy is a powdered supplement that you add to water in order to make an energy drink/pre-workout supplement to drink any time. It contains 5g of amino acids per serving plus caffeine and green tea, and looks like a safe and effective way to boost energy while delivering some health benefits as well. If you are looking for a little kick and are trying to keep fit and lose weight, it looks to tick these boxes. Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy is not a hardcore pre-workout supplement but certainly has a general appeal, making it popular with customers.
What Are The Side Effects Of Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy?
Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy looks safe for most people. If you do have any issues with ingredients such as Beta Alanine or caffeine you should read through the ingredients list before you buy.
According to customers, potential side effects may include stomach aches, headaches, and feelings of muscle weakness.
Common side effects of caffeine include jitteriness, insomnia, and anxiety.
How Much Does Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy Cost?
Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy is not expensive. Buy from the official site and it costs $19.99 for a tub of 30 servings and $37.99 for a tub containing 65 servings.
If you use as a pre-workout you should be aware that serving size is 4 scoops rather than the default 2 scoops mentioned here.
You choose your flavour at the point of sale. It is also on sale from a wide range of outlets so you may be able to shop around for price.
Our Verdict On Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy
We like Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy as a safe energy drink that may suit some people as a pre-workout supplement, or as something to drink before engaging in sport. We like the wide choice of flavours and the money-back guarantee. The high level of customer feedback is impressive with most people extremely favourable and enjoying this drink for various reasons. Yes, there are some issues with the various flavours but that is the penalty one pays for plenty of choices!
In our opinion, if you double up on the serving size, this will be an effective pre-workout supplement with very few side effects, and all with the added advantage as functioning as an energy drink.
What’s not to like! This is certainly not the strongest pre-workout supplement in the world and nor does it claim to be, but if you are just starting out or are fed up with the stimulant side effects of other pre-workouts, we think that Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy could be one to try.
We recommend Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy to our readers.
The most popular consumer choice in 2019
With a combination of proven ingredients, superb customer service and a 60-day money-back guarantee, Phentaslim is making big waves in the diet world.
Find out why thousands of people are choosing Phentaslim to achieve their weight loss goals, and why it's also the editor's top selection.
Read the Watchdog Phentaslim review here.
Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy Key Features
ON Essential Amin.O Energy is a powder that you add to water in order to make an energy drink. According to the product information, it is suitable as a pre-workout supplement or as a way to give you an energy boost in the day. This supplement is going to appeal to bodybuilders but many people are using it for a range of purposes which are not muscle building related, including staying focused at work, doing cardio exercise, or taking part in any other activity where they feel they need a lift.
ON Essential Amin.O Energy contains a blend of micronized amino acids including Taurine, BCAA’s Valine, Leucine and Isoleucine, Beta Alanine (CarnoSyn), and L Citrulline, check out the ingredients tab for the full list.
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and help numerous functions in the body, including building muscle and recovery. In addition, many of the components here increase nitric oxide levels in the blood that helps stamina and endurance by widening blood vessels. This part of the formula adds up to 5g. All the amino acids are micronized and this is a process that reduces the size of particles, so seems to lead to faster absorption in the body.
There is also a blend of stimulants in the Energy Blend. According to the label, this adds up to 160mg of which 100mg is caffeine. Ingredients include caffeine and green tea extract which can be an effective pairing for fat loss. Although the weight loss benefits of these ingredients are not really explained in the advertising, this combination may help increase metabolism and will suit most of us who have a few pounds to lose.
How to Take Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy
- Mix up ESSENTIAL AMIN.O. ENERGY™ anytime you want a fruit flavoured or coffeehouse inspired boost of energy and alertness.
- You can determine what’s appropriate for any situation, adding a 2-scoop serving to water for an afternoon pick-me-up or increasing the amino acid matrix to 10 grams with a 4-scoop pre-workout energy supplement that delivers 200 mg of caffeine from green coffee and/or green tea extracts.
ON Essential Amin.O Energy comes with a wide choice of flavours: Blue Raspberry, Blue Lemonade, Blueberry Mojito, Conchord Grape, Cotton Candy, Fruit Fusion, Grape, Green Apple, iced Cafe Vanilla, Lemon Lime, Mocha Cappuccino, Orange, Peach Lemonade, Pineapple, Strawberry Lime, and Watermelon.
If you are trying to avoid artificial flavourings, ON Essential Amin.O Energy Naturally Flavoured is available in Fruit Punch, Peach tea, and Raspberry Lemonade.
Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy Concerns:
- If you use as a pre-workout supplement you will need to use 4 scoops instead of 2. This makes this supplement more expensive than it first appears
Optimum Nutrition was founded in 1986. There are three manufacturing bases across the USA where the supplements are manufactured to strict standards of quality. ON is part of Global nutrition group Glanbia which is headquartered in Ireland and listed on the Irish and London Stock Exchange. ON supplements are on sale worldwide from thousands of retailers and is a well-known brand.
We have covered ON supplements in previous reviews including Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer, ON ZMA, and ON Serious Mass Gainer.
What Does Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy Claim To Do?
According to the advertising, Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy is a “Unique Combination of Aminos and Caffeine”.
You can take it any time you need it and increase the strength if necessary,
“Mix up ESSENTIAL AMIN.O. ENERGY™ anytime you want a fruit flavored or coffeehouse inspired boost of energy and alertness.”
“You can determine what’s appropriate for any situation, adding a 2-scoop serving to water for an afternoon pick-me-up or increasing the amino acid matrix to 10 grams with a 4-scoop pre-workout energy supplement that delivers 200 mg of caffeine from green coffee and/or green tea extracts.”
The three key features are as follows:
- Essential Amino Acid Delivery
- Muscle Recovery
- Energy and Focus
Other important points:
- 5 CALORIES PER SERVING
- 1G OF CARBS
- NO SUGAR
- 10+ DELIGHTFUL FLAVORS TO CHOOSE FROM
Does Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy Work?
Yes, we think that Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy will probably provide you with an energy boost that may feel similar to an energy drink. In addition, the amino acids do provide health benefits and may help boost physical energy and endurance as claimed. Many customers are satisfied that it provides a boost in the gym, and that it does not cause side effects. It is subjective but you may find some slight improvement to recovery time as well.
This supplement looks like a safe pre-workout for whatever type of sport you engage in and as the advertising claims, may help perk you up if needed throughout the day. We like that the caffeine is equivalent to a quick cup of coffee, and that it is combined with green tea which a combination is known to help weight loss. We like that you can make the supplement more powerful by simply doubling the serving size.
What Are The Ingredients of Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy?
Serving size is equal to 2 scoops (9g). The information here refers to the 2 scoop serving.
Amino Blend (5g):
- Micronized Taurine: Best known as an ingredient of energy drinks, Taurine is present in the body in brain, eyes, blood, and heart, as well as derived from dietary protein, especially red meat and fish. In supplement form, Taurine may help boost some types of exercise performance where endurance is required such as long distance cycling.
- Micronized L Glutamine: Glutamine is a “free amino acid” meaning that it is used by the body where needed. It is produced by the muscles and sent to organs where needed, especially in the case of injury or trauma. In supplement form it may be effective for muscle building.
- Micronized L Arginine: L arginine helps produce nitric oxide, a natural chemical in the body that regulates blood flow by causing the blood vessels to dilate, so more can pass through. Source
- Micronized L Leucine: This is a Branched Chain Amino Acid so named for the molecular shape, and important for health and recovery and assist in muscle repair after exercise. L Leucine plays an important role in muscle protein synthesis.
- Beta Alanine as CarnoSyn: Beta Alanine is a modified version of the amino acid Alanine, which in turn is an amino acid (protein building block) of carnosine. Carnosine is concentrated in the muscles, although it is also found in other parts of the body including heart and brain. There is strong evidence that improving carnosine levels via supplement use can help improve athletic performance and endurance. CarnoSyn is a leading, some might say THE leading Beta Alanine powder on the market. Source
- Micronized Citrulline: Citrulline is an amino acid that is turned into L Arginine in the kidneys after ingesting. It helps the body improve blood flow and can improve athletic performance and endurance although for this purpose, serving size is usually around 7000mg.
- Micronized L Isoleucine: Branched Chain Amino Acid that induces glucose uptake into cells.
- Micronized L Valine: Probably the least important of the three BCAAs and never tested on its own. However, the 3 x BCAAs are important for body composition and energy.
- Micronized L Tyrosine: Amino acid which is made in the body as well as obtainable from diet. It helps the body convert fat into energy and is also important for mental functioning. It can boost alertness.
- Micronized L Histidine: Involved in numerous metabolic functions in the body and sometimes taken as a supplement in its own right to treat rheumatoid arthritis.
- Micronized L Lysine HCI: part of the general make up of whey protein isolate
- Micronized L Phenylalanine: Amino acid which seems to strengthen the chemical messengers in the body, although scientists have not discovered exactly how it works.
- Micronized L Threonine: Present in cottage cheese, poultry, fish, meat, and lentils, Threonine are used by the body to support connective tissue, the immune system and bone health. Source
- Micronized L Methionine: Can help protect the liver if taken in large amounts.
Energy Blend (160mg):
- Caffeine: Ideal for giving you a quick energy boost, caffeine can increase the speed of the metabolism so help weight loss too but the effects are often short-lived as you become accustomed to use. When used in combination with green tea it may enhance the fat burning effect. A cup of instant coffee contains around 100mg of caffeine.
- Green Tea Extract: Standardised for Epigallocatechin (EGCG): Clinical research has found that green tea has proven health benefits and the antioxidants (ECGC epigallocatechin-3-gallate and polyphenols) found to have anti-obesity and fat burning properties. When green tea and caffeine is taken together, as here they have, the potential to produce significant effects on metabolic targets such as thermogenesis, and fat oxidation.
- Green Coffee Bean: Research results indicate that slight weight loss may be caused by chlorogenic acid present in unroasted or green coffee beans but there is very little real evidence. Limited clinical testing used around 300mg a serving and even then there was very little effect.
- Other Ingredients: Flavourings and emulsifiers such as carrageen, xanthan gum, and Sucralose
Does Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy Have Any Side Effects?
There are literally thousands of customer reviews for the various Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy flavours and while there are negative reviews, very few customers mention side effects. There were a couple:
- Stomach pains
- Muscle weakness
However, if you have issues with caffeine or beta Alanine you may notice:
- Muscle weakness
Not suitable for individuals under 18. Avoid if you are pregnant or breast feeding. If you do notice adverse effects cease use and take medical advice if necessary.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy?
There are thousands of customer reviews posted on Amazon USA alone and overriding opinion is positive. The main bone of contention is around the taste, with some people enjoying certain flavours while others branding it undrinkable, and so on.
There are too many to mention and it is impossible to pick out a flavour that everyone loves.
Here is a selection of comments about the flavours,
It tastes like fresh pineapple! It’s a great alternative to coffee on hot days. I’ve tried the watermelon and apple flavors as well and they taste just like jolly ranchers. So good!
I absolutely love this product especially the grape flavor!
This customer bought Fruit Fusion and regretted it,
This flavor is awful and it gave me a bad stomach ache, now I love this product and it works really well for me on other flavors, Example: Pineapple and lemon lime. But there was something wrong with this flavor and I returned it and purchased a different flavor, now I am back to liking this product.
The very next comment told a different story,
My first jar was Fruit Fusion which was good and did as expected. I wanted to try another flavor so I ordered Grape.
Many people are using as a pre workout supplement,
I really like this product and always use it as a pre-workout. I do increase my amount of scoops depending on how much energy I actually need but I stay between 2-3 scoops and I always feel great. Definitely would recommend!
I love this stuff so much. It’s a quality product that is very versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. I’ve used it as a pre workout, post workout, morning coffee substitute, or for anytime you just need a quick energy boost. Plus, the amino acids help keep muscle atrophy from happening when you’re unable to work out for a while. I’ve been using this stuff for several years now and will continue to do so.
Does Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
Yes, if you buy from the official website. All Optimum Nutrition supplements that are purchased from the official Optimum Nutrition website are covered by a generous returns policy, which lasts for 30 days from the date of purchase.
Some opened products are accepted, but only if less than 25% of the product has been used. This policy allows customers to try the product out without risk, but prevents abuse of the returns policy. Customers should contact Optimum Nutrition to get an RMA code before sending products back to the company.
The returns policies of third-party retailers may vary. We noticed that Optimum Nutrition does engage with customers on Amazon, so it is possible that if you buy from Optimum Nutrition via Amazon the guarantee policy may also apply.
Where Can I Buy Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy?
You can buy via the official Optimum Nutrition website. It is also on sale from Amazon in the USA, UK, and other countries.
On Essential Amin.O Energy is also on sale across the USA from many supplement retailers, and we have seen it on sale in the UK from high street outlets including Holland and Barrett.
How does Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy compare to Phentaslim?
|Clinically Proven Ingredients|
|Side Effect Free|
|Positive Customer Reviews|
Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy Rating
Price / Guarantee
The Muscle Watchdog approves Optimum Nutrition Essential Amin.O Energy.
Disclaimer: Our reviews and investigations are based on extensive research from the information publicly available to us and consumers at the time of first publishing the post. Information is based on our personal opinion and whilst we endeavour to ensure information is up-to-date, manufacturers do from time to time change their products and future research may disagree with our findings. If you feel any of the information is inaccurate, please contact us and we will review the information provided.