Nutrition Labz Recovery RX Review
Recovery RX is a post workout supplement in powdered form, which you just add to water in order to make a drink. It is available in five flavours; Fruit Punch, Watermelon, Green Apple, Strawberry Lime, or Grape.
According to the product advertising, the supplement is based on peptide technology.
Peptides are chains of amino acids which combine to form proteins in the body. Peptides and proteins are similar in structure because they are both made up from chains of amino acids (the building blocks of protein), and held together by an amide or peptide bond as it is also known. Both proteins and peptides are the basic components of the body cells.
The main difference between peptides and proteins is that peptides are much smaller. Proteins are generally composed of 50 or more amino acids, whereas peptides are molecules which are made up from between 2 to 5 amino acids.
Peptides play numerous roles in the body. They can act like neurotransmitters in the brain or like hormones, and some peptides control the body’s reaction to diet and exercise.
When it comes to supplements, because peptides are smaller and more stable in the body than amino acids, they may be more effective in this form. Peptides are more easily absorbed by the body and some people have described peptides as pre digested proteins.
How to Take Nutrition Labz Recovery RX
- Take 1 scoop mixed with 16 oz of water immediately before and after training
In addition, Recovery RX contains ATP, or Adenosine triphosphate. This is the body’s main energy source, and is present in the molecules that make up the cells. Your body manufactures ATP to keep up with the demands upon energy, but it can also be taken in supplement form as here.
Check out the full ingredients information by clicking on the ingredients tab.
We have covered Nutrition Labz supplements in previous reviews. In general these products are let down by inadequate product information, the use of dangerous ingredients and /or ineffectiveness. Previously reviewed supplements include; Pre Thriller Workout, Nutrition Labz G Factor, and Pre workout supplement Morphex.
Nutrition Labz Recovery RX Concerns:
- Most likely manufactured in Asia so may not conform to GMP standards
- Despite being named as a supplement for recovery, you are advised to also take it before a workout
- No customer feedback and nobody is talking about this supplement. Has anybody ever even tried it?
Nutrition Labz do not comes with much background information, although the company has been around since 2014. Originally based in San Antonio Texas at a fitness centre 1707 Fredericksburg Rd; San Antonio, Texas 78201, these days the company advertises mainly on social media such as Facebook and Instagram.
According to the product label, Recovery RX comes from a company called Pura Labs Nutrition (PLN), which is based at the old Nutrition Labz address in San Antonio. We don’t know why the company have used this name on the label rather than Nutrition Labz, because this supplement is obviously not manufactured at this address and the two names are obviously the same company.
Sticking our necks out here, it seems highly likely that this supplement has been manufactured in Asia and simply relabelled. It has not been made in the USA, and with many of the ingredients manufactured in Singapore, we think that this is the most likely origin of Recovery RX.
What Does Nutrition Labz Recovery RX Claim To Do?
According to the product advertising, there are three key features to this supplement.
- Fast Recovery & Repair
- Lean Gains
- Immune Boost
“Recovery RX Is a revolutionary Peptide technology design to improve the solubility and absorption of bio-actives including Branch chain amino acids, while the general insolubility of free forms aminos can create poor beverages experiences”
The product information continues,
“Pepform technology allows amino acids to remain soluble and stable, opening the door for more end-use applications. This technology also significantly increases the bioavailability of amino acids with better efficiency and absorption than free form aminos like Leucine.”
Does Nutrition Labz Recovery RX Work?
It might help recovery as claimed but it all seems a little experimental, and of course we do not know the full ingredients profile and the individual ingredients quantities.
Let’s look at the facts. Evidence suggests that peptide supplementation may be more effective than taking amino acid supplements, as peptides are more easily absorbed by the body. So if you were considering taking a BCAA and Glutamine supplement, you may find that this one which is based on peptides may work better. It may help your body recover faster and build muscle as claimed. That said, without knowing quantities nobody can really say for sure. In addition, Glutamine peptides are known for causing side effects.
ATP has been taken in supplement form and according to some very limited clinical testing carried out by the University of Tampa, it seems to help widen the arteries and increase blood flow, and so improve stamina and endurance. However, it does not seem to increase the ATP in the body as previously believed based on testing on rats.
According to the clinical test on humans, the optimum serving size is 400mg a serving to be taken 30 minutes before exercise. This is good, but so it does not really fit in with using this ingredient as a post workout supplement for recovery.
In addition Recovery RX contains a couple of other unusual in the form of AC11 a branded supplement that seems to come with a lot of claims such as it is a help to anti aging, skin and brain power but we can’t find out much sense or any real facts. It also contains Alpha GPC choline, most usually taken as a nootropic because it may help improve mood and mental functioning.
In our opinion, there are far too many unknown factors about this supplement to say whether it will work or not, or if it is even safe.
What Are The Ingredients of Nutrition Labz Recovery RX?
Serving size is equal to 1 x 12.5g scoop. Quantities of the individual ingredients are not disclosed.
Recovery RX Blend
- PepForm BCCA Peptides: Recovery RX contains a branded peptide formulation called PepForm which is made by a company called Glanbia Nutritionals. According to Glanbia PepForm is a “revolutionary, patent-pending peptide carrier technology improves the solubility and absorption of amino acids.” This formulation is based on Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) so should deliver the benefits of BCAA with greater absorption. Glanbia is a Singapore based company that provides supplements and health products only to the supplements industry. Source
- PepForm Glutamine Peptides: According to Glanbia nutritionals, Singapore pte ltd offers a wide variety of products which includes Pepform® glutamine peptides. It supports exercise recovery, cellular energy, and healthy immune function. It also maintains normal gastrointestinal function. That is if it does not make you ill! Source
- Bio Active Peptide PRPs: This appears to be more of the same i.e. peptides, but there is no further information although it is probably derived from milk based sources.
- Gafactor Immunities: We have no idea! It could be a dodgy translation. It could be something so experimental that nobody is even writing about it yet.
- Taurine: Once touted as an energy enhancing amino acid (it is an ingredient in Red Bull), but there is no real evidence that it will work as described. According to some sources, Taurine shows up in many supplements because it is probably one of the cheapest amino acids to produce.
- ATP: Adenosine triphosphate is made in the body and is the source of energy. It was believed that taking it in supplement form would increase ATP levels, but this does not seem to be the case in human testing. However, it can be effective as a pre workout supplement because it can increase vasodilatation, and so improve stamina. We can’t see the point of taking this after your exercise has finished.
- AC 11: Strange and fairly unknown cellular ingredient, derived from a rainforest plant called Uncaria tomentosa. It is supposed to help repair DNA and boost immunity, but there is very little information available about it. Source
- Alpha GPC Choline: L-Alpha Glycerol Phosphoryl Choline is a natural choline compound that is already present in the brain, but some research has shown that taking supplements can improve cognitive disorders such as strokes and Alzheimer’s disease. Source
Does Nutrition Labz Recovery RX Have Any Side Effects?
Potential side effects may include;
- Skin rash
- Loss of coordination
Glutamine peptides can cause digestive issues such as;
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain
ATP can cause;
- Chest pains
- Low blood pressure
- Changes to heart rate
- Light headedness
There is not much information available about the other ingredients, so it is possible that there may be additional side effects.
Not suitable for individuals under 18. Avoid if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Speak to your doctor before taking this supplement, especially if you have an underlying medical condition or are taking prescription medication.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Nutrition Labz Recovery RX?
There are no customer reviews for Nutrition Labz Recovery RX, so we cannot bring you any real life experiences of taking this supplement.
Does Nutrition Labz Recovery RX Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
There is no money back guarantee with this supplement.
Where Can I Buy Nutrition Labz Recovery RX?
Nutrition Labz Recovery RX is only on sale from the official Nutrition Labz website.