NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA provides you with 3.5g of conjugated linoleic acid along with 120mcg of chromium to support fat loss and promote lean muscle mass. The question is, “Should you be putting your money on Tonalin CLA that contains only two ingredients or opt for a weight loss supplement with an impressive ingredient profile? Here is our review to help you decide.
TLS Tonalin CLA is designed to help you lose with in an efficient way. It includes Tonalin CLA and active CLA to produce desired results. It is supposed to increase fat metabolism, but when it is combined with chromium, it also helps suppress appetite. The problem is that there is not enough scientific evidence to support the use of NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA.
NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA is usually considered safe, but some people may develop allergic reactions. It may also cause cardiovascular side effects in some cases. Refer to our “Side Effects” section to learn more.
You need to pay $49.95 to get a bottle of NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA. You can save some money by going for their auto-ship program.
NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA claims to be one of the best weight loss supplements currently available in the market because it relies on CLA to produce fat loss. CLA is supposed to trigger breakdown of fat in the body. It also includes chromium that is supposed to increase metabolism and suppress appetite.
Unfortunately, you cannot find sufficient scientific evidence to support the use of Tonalin CLA. Similarly, there is mixed evidence about the effectiveness of chromium; in fact, some studies show that it may increase appetite and lead to fat gain.
Moreover, NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA is extremely expensive, especially compared to other CLA products. They offer a discount if you opt for their auto-ship program, but you will find it difficult to cancel your subscription later. Our verdict: avoid the hassle and look for something other than NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA!
NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA claims to help people struggling to lose weight by increasing fat metabolism. It provides you with conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which a fatty acid commonly found in dietary sources such as red meat and milk. Tonalin is a brand offering CLA to help you lose weight effectively.
Tonalin actually makes big claims. For instance:
• The Tonalin website notes that the company’s brand is a market leader in CLA sales. The company claims research demonstrates that its product has proved to reduce body fat by up to 10 percent, in addition to helping maintain lean mass.
While it looks impressive, you just cannot find any reference to the study that shows positive effects of Tonalin CLA. The manufacturer also claims that they use a proprietary manufacturing process to produce the highest quality CLA. Again, you cannot find any information about that process or any scientific evidence suggesting that it certainly is better than other CLA products currently available in the market.
Now, if you take ‘Tonalin’ out of the picture and only focus on the effects of CLA, you will find mixed results. Some studies suggest that supplementing with CLA may help boost fat loss. For instance:
• Two 12-week studies show that CLA may be effective in the short term for reducing body fat mass on humans. The first 12-week study published in 2000 in “The Journal of Nutrition” found that CLA may reduce body fat mass in humans when used at a dose of 3.4 grams per day. This study also notes that doses higher than this seemed to have no additional effect on weight loss. Another study published in “Nutrition” in 2012 found that grade 1 obese Chinese subjects lost weight over a three-month period using CLA, with no apparent adverse effects.
These studies show that you need to take loads of CLA for extended time to see any results. However, there are other studies that have found moderate or not results of CLA supplementation. Some studies have found that even though CLA helps lose weight, the effect is not that significant.
• A 2007 study published in “The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition” examined 18 different studies related to CLA’s effect on body fat. The conclusion was that CLA produces only a modest decrease in body fat doses when given in doses of 3.2 grams per day.
Supplement manufacturers claim that CLA helps reduce weight by working on a molecular signaling receptor family known as PPAR, but not many studies are there to confirm this claim. Moreover, there are other better ways to lose weight than taking CLA. For instance:
• Over 16 weeks, obese and diabetic postmenopausal women given CLA at a dose of 8g daily reduced fat mass with no influence on lean mass when compared to safflower oil.
It shows that you may not be able to gain lean mass by using CLA and that you can also use safflower oil to get similar results. Some studies have shown that regular intake of CLA may help increase metabolism, which may prove beneficial when you want to lose weight. However, the thing is that the increase in metabolism due to CLA is not that significant. For instance:
• Metabolic rate was found to be increased by 4% relative to baseline over 14 weeks of consuming CLA-enriched yoghurt, despite no changes in fat mass or weight being noted; this was in comparison to non-CLA enhanced yoghurt, and without significant dietary control.
It is also important to talk to your doctor if you have certain conditions. People with diabetes or other blood sugar related problems should avoid CLA supplements.
• Studies have produced mixed evidence on whether CLA raises blood sugar levels and decreases insulin sensitivity, or how well your body’s tissues respond to this hormone trying to move sugar into them and out of the bloodstream. Given these mixed findings, it is probably a good idea to talk to your doctor before using Tonalin CLA if you have diabetes or prediabetes.
You may end up raising your blood sugar levels by taking CLA supplements. For instance:
• A study by Irish researchers published in the October 2004 issue of ‘’The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition’’ compared the effects of taking 3 grams of CLA daily for eight weeks to a placebo on the blood sugar in individuals with type 2 diabetes. They found that CLA supplementation appeared to significantly increase fasting glucose levels and decrease insulin sensitivity.
And, there are some studies that have noticed no results from CLA supplementation. For instance:
• 12 weeks of an exercise and diet program paired with placebo or CLA+chromium failed to show any significant differences relative to placebo.
This study also shows that you may not notice any results even when you include chromium in the equation. Again, chromium is used in the blend to help regulate insulin levels. As mentioned already, there is some evidence that supplementing with CLA may actually increase blood sugar levels, so there is a contradiction here. Many studies conducted on the effects of chromium in regulating insulin levels have shown no positive results. For instance:
• At least 12 placebo-controlled studies have compared the effect of chromium supplementation (172-1,000 μg/day of chromium as chromium picolinate) with or without an exercise program on lean body mass and measures of body fat. In general, the studies that used the most sensitive and accurate methods of measuring body fat and lean mass (dual energy x-ray absorbtiometry or DEXA and hydrodensitometry or underwater weighing) did not find a beneficial effect of chromium supplementation on body composition (PubMed) (PubMed)
You need to take 2 softgels with breakfast and another two with lunch to see results.
Some experts believe that chromium may help suppress appetite.
• A study published in Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics in 2008 found that chromium picolinate supplementation helped overweight women who had carbohydrate cravings to better control their appetite and the amount of food that they ate, although it didn’t lead to a significant amount of weight loss over the course of the 8-week study. Further research is necessary to verify these results, as this was a small study with only 42 participants.
What it implies is that even if chromium suppresses appetite to some extent, you should not expect a quick reduction in weight, especially if you have already put on layers of fat. But, before you jump to any conclusion, it is important to draw your attention to another study that shows that chromium supplementation in overweight women may actually have negative effects.
• In a study published in Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, it was found that overweight women who exercised and who took chromium picolinate actually gained weight, while those taking chromium nicotinate and who were also exercising actually lost weight.
Those studies that have notice some positive results have used chromium in larger doses. For instance:
• Recently, a meta-analysis of 11 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials in 866 overweight or obese subjects found a significant 0.50-kilogram (1.10-pound) reduction in body weight with supplemental chromium (most exclusively in the form of chromium picolinate) at doses between 137 μg/day and 1,000 μg/day for 8-24 weeks (PubMed). However, such a small change did not reach a clinically significant weight loss of ≥5% of the initial body weight.
As you are not going to get that much of chromium from NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA, you should hope to see any reduction in weight either. Moreover, you may not want to go for NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA when you can easily find CLA supplements at a much lower price. Though it provides you with Tonalin CLA, which is supposed to be of the highest quality, there is nothing available to confirm this claim.
You can save some money by going for their auto-ship program, but you may want to avoid it as well because customer reviews suggest that it is hard to opt out of that program later. Therefore, you will be better off trying another CLA supplement to see if it really works for you.
NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA offers a combination of CLA and chromium. It claims to work in many different ways, including the following:
NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA provides you with a good dose of Tonalin CLA, which is supposed to help you lose weight more efficiently. By working with chromium, it helps promote lean muscle mass, reduce belly fat, and increase muscle endurance. Unfortunately, there is no scientific evidence to confirm these claims.
There is some evidence that chromium may improve metabolism, but even then, you should not expect a significant reduction in weight. We believe that you will be better off trying a supplement that uses a combination of scientifically proven ingredients.
NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA includes only two ingredients, but there are many other weight loss supplements with a combination of botanical extracts, natural herbs, and other scientifically proven ingredients. So, avoid NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA and look for something that works better!
NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA includes two ingredients only. There is Tonalin CLA and chromium. Here is what the official site says about Tonalin CLA:
While there are serious claims associated with Tonalin CLA, there is no concrete evidence to support these claims. The same is the case with chromium, which is a trace mineral with ability to burn carbs and fat. It is commonly found in weight loss products, but there is not enough scientific evidence confirming its role in weight loss.
NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA contains natural ingredients, but it can still cause some side effects in some people. First of all, it is not something pregnant or nursing women should try. It is not safe for them and can cause serious complications.
There is some evidence that CLA can lead to increased potassium levels. This can be a serious issue if you already have kidney disease. Similarly, it could cause problems if you are taking diuretics or other medications. It can also cause cardiovascular side effects by inhibiting normal blood vessel function. It might increase levels of c-reactive protein, which puts you at an increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease. You should not take NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA if you already have heart disease.
Some customer reviews suggest that NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA may cause allergic reaction. That is usually true for people who have food allergies or are allergic to safflower oil. Moreover, Tonalin CLA may interact with medication, so it is a good idea to talk to your doctor before you take a supplement that contains CLA.
Similarly, NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA contains chromium that can also cause several side effects. Here is what experts say:
NutraMetrix TLS Tonalin CLA provides you with plenty of CLA, but it still fails to produce good results… at least that is what you can gather from customer reviews. For instance:
I have been taking this supplement for quite some time now and it has done nothing other than reducing my appetite a little. I do not think it is very effective.
You should try something with a more impressive ingredient profile because you can easily get loads of products with CLA at a much lower price. Does not deserve your attention!
Yes, it comes with a money-back guarantee.
You can order it through the official website or buy through third-party retailers.
|Product||Phentaslim||Hunter Test||MAN Sports Beta-Alanine|
|Review||Watchdog Review||Watchdog Review||Watchdog Review|
|Purpose||Cutting body fat, endurance, thermogenesis.||Testosterone booster.||Pre-workout, endurance.|
|Clinically Proven Ingredients|
|Clinically Proven Ingredients|
Disclaimer: Our reviews and investigations are based on extensive research from the information publicly available to us and consumers at the time of first publishing the post. Information is based on our personal opinion and whilst we endeavour to ensure information is up-to-date, manufacturers do from time to time change their products and future research may disagree with our findings. If you feel any of the information is inaccurate, please contact us and we will review the information provided.