The official website for JH Bodyfire Hades boldly states ‘Shred the Man- Reveal the God’. This a huge claim about the strength of this product, which is endorsed by England Rugby player James Haskell.
We take a look to see if JH Bodyfire Hades is as good as the claims suggest.
Whilst customer reviews suggest there are no side effects, consumers who know they are sensitive to caffeine, or who have high blood pressure or other cardiac related health issues should avoid the product.
The official website, jhbodyfire.com, sells a bottle of Hades, containing 90 capsules, for £29.99 plus delivery, which can be paid through paypal.
No money-back guarantee as such just the usual 14 returns policy.
We choose only the very best weight loss supplements to recommend to our readers, and this appears to be one that is very close but the lack of money-back guarantee means we have to reject this supplement.
JH Bodyfire Hades Review
James Haskell is a rugby player who has played on the English National Squad since 2007. He has launched his own range of diet and exercise supplements, under the brand name BodyFire. Hades was one of the first products launched, and based upon its success, the company has launched several other products.
Because the product is endorsed and reportedly used by James Haskell, Hades is WADA (World Anto-Doping Agency) approved, and so is suitable for use by athletes and competitive sports people as well as more causal gym-users. It was developed initially for Haskell’s own personal use, by Katherine Andreasen BA(hons) FdSc DipION DipRAW BANT, who is reportedly a renowned nutritionist.
How to Take JH Bodyfire Hades
If the product is to be used as a fat burner, the dieter should take a capsule half an hour before each meal, and avoiding use after 7pm.
For use as a pre-workout energy booster, consumers should take one capsule 30 minutes before their workout.
The maximum daily intake is 3 capsules, and so it can be used as both a fat burner and pre exercise supplement together, taking one capsule before exercise and the other two before two of the main meals per day.
The capsules should be taken several hours apart to minimise side effects.
BodyFire Hella is primarily targeted at men, and it can be used as a fat burner, when taken before each meal, or can be used as a pre-training supplement, boosting energy levels when taken shortly before a workout. Customers should cycle the product, taking a break for a week after every four weeks of use.
Comments left by reviewers and the BodyFire team suggest that women can use the product as well, although there is the Hella fat burner and pre-exercise product, the sister product of Hades that is tailored more towards women.
JH Bodyfire Hades Concerns:
- High in caffeine
- Best for those who actively work out
What Does JH Bodyfire Hades Claim To Do?
JH BodyFire Hades is a pre-workout product that can also be used as a fat burner. When used as a pre-workout supplement, the company claims it will boost energy levels.
The manufacturers claim that is complementary to any clean diet plan, helping to maintain a healthy weight by boosting the metabolism, as well as increasing energy levels, alertness and concentration.
So What Does All This Mean?
Whilst B vitamins all can play a role in weight loss, and certainly are required for the proper running of numerous bodily processes, but they can all be consumed in adequate amounts from a balanced daily diet, especially as many of them are found in vegetables and meats. Consumers using this product should not use a multivitamin at the same time to avoid consuming excess amounts of these vitamins.
There seems to be a lot of caffeine in this product, which is the main source of potential side effects from using BodyFire Hades.
So Does JH Bodyfire Hades Work?
Based upon the ingredients list and the customer reviews we were able to find, it does seem that the product aids weight loss, increases fat burning in the body and does aid with workout performance.
So What Is JH Bodyfire Hades and What Are The Ingredients For JH Bodyfire Hades?
The official websites describes the ingredients and provides ingredient quantities.
- 28% Acetyl N L-Carnitine (511mg) : Supplementation of this ingredient has been found to improve fat oxidation.
- Caffeine (280mg): Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
- Green Tea (500mg): Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a very low calorie diet.
- Yerba Mate(400mg): A plant that is typically brewed as a tea, yerba mate is a natural source of caffeine, and has been the subject of several studies on weight loss. In a 2001 study of 47 healthy overweight adults, researchers found that taking an herbal preparation of yerba mate, guarana, and damiana three times daily for 45 days induced weight loss. It is not clear whether the individual ingredients from this preparation have the same weight loss potential on their own, or how much of each ingredient is required to replicate the results of the study. See our article on Yerba mate for more information.
- Capsicum (424mg): This ingredient is found in Cayenne pepper and is thought by some to play a role in weight loss. Some studies suggest it could suppress the appetite mildly, whilst others suggest that the heat causes a thermogenic reaction in the body, burning more calories for a period of time. However, there are also studies that show cayenne has little or no effect upon weight loss attempts.
- Vitamin B1 (1.1mg): This vitamin is known to help other B group vitamins to help break down and release energy from food, as well as being used to keep muscle tissue healthy.
- Vitamin B2 (1.4mg): Vitamin B2, also known as Riboflavin, is required for helping the body release energy from carbohydrates, as well as keeping the nervous system functioning healthily.
- Vitamin B3 (16mg): Vitamin B3, or Niacin, is responsible for helping to produce energy from consumed food, as well as helping keep the nervous and digestive systems healthy. Niacin can be easily sourced in adequate amounts from a balanced diet. Persistent excessive consumption of niacin has been linked with increased rates of obesity in American Children.
- Vitamin B5(6mg): Helps to release energy from consumed foods.
- Vitamin B6 (1.4mg): Vitamin B6 has several important functions in the body, including ‘allowing the body to use and store energy from protein and carbohydrates in food’. Whilst taking excess amounts of vitamin B6 will not infinitely improve this ability, a deficiency could make it more difficult to lose weight. Vitamin B6 is naturally present in a wide variety of foods, including meat, cereals, bread and vegetables, and is often included in fortified breakfast cereals.
- Vitamin B12 (3µg) Vitamin B12 is naturally present in many foods, primarily meat, fish and dairy products. It has several roles, including aiding in releasing energy from consumed food, and keeping the nervous system healthy. It may be that a deficiency hinders weight loss, but taking excess amounts could be, according to the NHS, potentially harmful.
- Chocamine (140mg): Chocamine is a patented cocoa based ingredient for improving ‘cognitive function, mood and energy’. Some people believe that cocoa extracts can help to boost the metabolism, but there is little clinical evidence to suggest it can make a significant impact to weight loss.
- Co-Enzyme Q10 (30mg): This coenzyme is found naturally in some foods and can be synthesized in the liver. Cells in the body ‘use it to produce energy your body needs for cell growth and maintenance. It also functions as an antioxidant, which protects the body from damage caused by harmful molecules.’ It is also thought to boost energy levels and speed up recovery from exercise.
- Bioperine (5mg): This patented Black pepper extract is used for increasing the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. In other words, it increases the amounts of nutrients that are absorbed into the body in the digestive tract. It may also increase the absorption of various drugs, which may lead to potential side effects.
Does JH Bodyfire Hades Have Any Side Effects?
The main ingredient that is likely to cause side effects is caffeine, which is present in this diet pill because of several ingredients, including yerba mate, green tea and kola nut.
Side effects from caffeine include headaches, increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, heart palpitations, increased urination, dehydration, jitteriness or shaking and insomnia or difficulty sleeping. Spacing out the consumption of each serving, drinking plenty of water, monitoring the consumption of other sources of caffeine and ensuring the product is not consumed in the evening will minimise these side effects.
Bioperine can increase the amount of time that caffeine stays in the body, as well as increasing the uptake of supplements and medications. People who are taking prescription medications may want to consult their doctor for advice, as it is possible to increase the chances of overdosing upon prescription medications whilst using Bioperine.
Not suitable for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, or people who have high blood pressure or other cardiac related health problems. Not suitable for those under the age of 18.
Any JH Bodyfire Hades Reviews From Customers?
There are several testimonials from happy customers on the JH BodyFire website. Reviews here are obviously selected to show the product in the best light, and are very positive:
Absolutely no jitters like most of the other pre-workouts. I’m losing fat and building muscle. Really getting back into my training now- all thanks to Hades.
First week of Hades. Lost 5lbs and feeling really positive. Hades plus circuits/metafit plus good diet just equals great results. Love it.
There are also a number of customer reviews on Amazon, the majority of which are positive.
These are tried and tested for me, I cannot say anything bad about these fat burner’s they are great for a pre training burner and keep you going for the duration of your workout, I LOVE THEM!!! I only take as a pre trainer, so I only have 1 a day or when I train.
When I added in this product as part of my supplement routine during my most recent 6-week focussed diet and training programme the results were really noticeable. As the reviewer before me said, no jitters at all. Only good things to say.
There are a few negative reviews, but no one reports any side effects, merely that the product was not strong enough for them to see any effects.
I don’t see any effect from taking these before my workouts and after taking them for a few days in a row I actually felt exhausted.
Hades does have an effect but its very mild and certainly doesn’t get you up and eager for training like the others. On the plus side, because its mild it doesn’t have any lasting effect during the day.
What About A Guarantee
The returns policy states,
You have 14 days to cancel your order under our 14 day return period policy, which starts the day after you received your goods. All items must be returned unused and in the original packaging as they were in when received by you.
Where Can I Buy JH Bodyfire Hades?
The official website, jhbodyfire.com, sells a bottle of Hades, containing 90 capsules, for £29.99 plus delivery, which can be paid through paypal. The shop on the official website has several different combination purchases, encouraging the shopper to purchase some of the other products on the site as well as JH BodyFire Hades. The only combination purchase that offers any discount is buying three bottles of Hades together, for a total of £84.60.
90 capsules will last for 30 days if being used as a fat burner, or much longer if only being used before each workout. Compared to other diet supplements we have seen, this is a relatively low priced product, which is actually incredibly cheap if used only before workouts.
On amazon, a single bottle of 90 capsules costs £27.28, with free delivery in the UK. Thehealthcounter site offer the same bottle for £24.86. From bodybuiling-supplements.co.uk, one bottle of Hades is £25.95 with free delivery, or an order of two bottles costs £23.95 per bottle, again with free delivery.