Below we take an in-depth look at Cannibal Alpha PCT, to examine whether this oestrogen-inhibiting product is suitable for your next Post-Cycle Therapy (PCT) period.
The product’s main ingredient is arimit, an under-researched ingredient that may cause muscle pain, vaginal dryness, and hot flushes. Some customers may also experience diarrhoea, stomach pain, nausea and dizziness due to the inclusion of curcumin, and others may experience additional insomnia, headaches, a pounding heartbeat, or psychosis due to the use of mucuna pruriens. Indole-3-carbinol can cause skin rashes and small increases in liver enzymes.
The price of Cannibal Alpha PCT is about average for this product type. In the USA, the cheapest price we found available was on Get Supps, where a 90-capsule pack is priced at $31.95. Tiger Fitness also offers a relatively good deal for a 90-capsule pack at $36.99, with Amazon and the official Chaos and Pain website lagging behind with a higher price of $39.99. Curiously, UK-based customers can find Cannibal Alpha PCT available to buy for the lowest price available; on Power Myself, the same 90-capsule pack costs just £27.99.
The very concept underlying the process of PCTs is slightly worrying, encouraging bodybuilders to cure the various ailments they encounter from abusing supplements by taking yet more supplements. However, there is an understandable demand for this sort of thing (not least to fight back against the potential growth of breasts), so we have taken a look at this product to see whether it does what it claims to.
Our in-depth look at Cannibal Alpha PCT’s ingredients have not filled us with confidence about this product. For a start, the manufacturers claim that this supplement boosts testosterone, a claim that is clearly false. Instead, this product largely works by inhibiting the production of oestrogen, mainly through the use of arimit (or Androsta-3,5-Diene-7,17-Dione).
In short, the dozen or so legitimate reviews that are available suggest that Cannibal Alpha PCT works well in PCT therapy for a good price, although we feel that it’s use of highly under-researched ingredients poses far too high a risk to recommend at the moment. Stick to more well-known ingredients and products for now.
Cannibal Alpha PCT Review
Cannibal Alpha PCT is a testosterone booster that claims to “repair the damage done to your natural testosterone levels” rather than simply boost them temporarily. The product appears to be a re-formulation of an older product called Cannibal Alpha, which is no longer available to buy online. In most respects, the old and new versions are broadly similar, although the newer formula is undoubtedly superior and more popular. Cannibal Alpha PCT comes in capsule-form, and can be taken to raise testosterone level or as part of a post-cycle therapy (PCT) regime.
This workout aid is manufactured by Chaos and Pain, a supplement manufacturer known for its zany packaging designs and interesting approach to naming products. Chaos and Pain have some of the weirdest branding strategies we’ve ever seen, giving otherwise innocuous pre-workout supplements names like “Cannibal Ferox” or “Cannibal Riot”. Their brightly coloured and stylised bottles are decorated in much the same way as a heavy metal fan might spray paint their van, adorned with beautifully-drawn skulls, crying angels and other eye-catching imagery. Unsurprisingly, the company also sells a line of t-shirts. Customers can contact Chaos and Pain using the contact form provided on the official website, or can email the company at email@example.com, phone them on 1-855-798-6039 or reach them by post at 5149 Selkirk, Birmingham, AL 35242.
How to Take Cannibal Alpha PCT
The directions for use are as follows:
For daily testosterone boosting, take 3 capsules once a day with food.
For PCT support begin use directly after cycling, taking 3 capsules once a day with food.
Cannibal Alpha PCT Concerns:
- Returns policy is unclear
- There are relatively few customer reviews available compared to rival products
- Use of this product will come with some side effects
What Does Cannibal Alpha PCT Claim To Do?
The product description listed for Cannibal Alpha PCT on the official Chaos and Pain webstore is truly bizarre. It kicks off with an apparent quote from Genghis Khan celebrating the virtues of genocide, horse-riding, and stealing the wives and daughters of your enemies, before stating that “the greatest joy in life for a man is to have such a surfeit of testosterone that women who bump into him spontaneously grow a beard”.
Our appetite for testosterone and libido-boosting capsules primed and ready, we read on. Cannibal Alpha PCT reportedly boosts testosterone, and contains several ingredients that also limit the production of oestrogen. The use of the ingredient Arimit supposedly repairs more serious “damage” that may have been done to the customer’s natural testosterone levels, and several other ingredients work in conjunction with one another to improve erectile function, improve sperm quality, and boost libido. The final ingredients used in the mix are variably said to improve blood pressure, lower cholesterol, prevent prostate enlargement, increase fat loss, and improve hypertrophy. Chaos and Pain conclude with the remark that Cannibal Alpha PCT is the “most insanely potent legal post cycle therapy product on the market”.
Does Cannibal Alpha PCT Work?
As its name might suggest, Cannibal Alpha PCT is most useful when supplemented as part of Post-Cycle Therapy (PCT). This is where a bodybuilder finishes a course of testosterone-boosting/steroid supplements, and then takes another set of supplements to raise his body’s testosterone and oestrogen levels back to where they naturally were at the start. Failure to do this may result in the severe side effects associated with steroid abuse, which may include breast growth or permanent damage to natural testosterone production.
This product has several ingredients that supposedly inhibit the production of oestrogen by acting as aromatase inhibitors. Most of these ingredients are of dubious quality, although ingredients like arimit enjoy a fair level of popularity amongst bodybuilders despite their lack of evidence backing it. Judging from how well this product is reviewed on Amazon, we imagine that it works as expected for many, although not without side effects.
One thing this product likely does not do is raise testosterone. This product uses a small quantity of N-Methyl D-Aspartic Acid and Safed Musli to provide the promised boost of testosterone, both of which have been found to effectively not work in humans. More positively, this product does contain one ingredient which may lower blood pressure and boost cholesterol, and it contains more than a few which should boost libido.
What Are The Ingredients of Cannibal Alpha PCT?
The ingredients found in Cannibal Alpha PCT are detailed below. The ingredient quantities listed below are correct for 3 capsules (one daily serving).
- Brassaiposis Glomerulata 1200mg: This Vietnamese tree has been shown in laboratory settings to have significant doses of compounds that are known to act as aromatase inhibitors (meaning that they can suppress the production of oestrogen in theory). However, this ingredient has never been tested on a living subject, making to impossible to know whether it works in practice or how much needs to be taken orally in order for it to be effective. Source
- Curcumin 300mg: Curcumin is a yellow pigment that has numerous benefits, including reducing anxiety, soothing an upset stomach, and reducing inflammation and joint pain from osteoarthritis, leading to increased mobility in the elderly. There is very preliminary evidence to suggest that Curcumin supplementation could reduce the risk of prostate cancer and may improve blood flow. Curcumin does not appear to have any effect on cholesterol (as Chaos and Pain claim), and must be supplemented alongside compounds like bioperine in order to remain bioavailable and effective. Source
- Indole-3-carbinol 200mg: Numerous studies have suggested that Indole-3-carbinol can help to prevent the development of oestrogen-enhanced cancers including breast, endometrial, and cervical cancers. It also appears to counteract the effects of oestrogen upon the growth of oestrogen-enhanced tumours. Source
- Safed Musli 150mg: A rare herb that is threatened due to over-harvesting, safed musli is used traditionally to treat diabetes. Animal research suggests that it is libido-boosting and increases testosterone levels, but there is no reliable human research to support this. Source
- Mucuna Pruriens 100mg: This herb has a variety of uses, ranging from controlling the effects of Parkinson’s disease to boosting mood through increasing dopamine. It also appears to boost sperm quality and may even raise the testosterone levels of infertile men (no increase in testosterone has been measured in fertile men). In any case, the dosage used in this product appears to be too low to be effective. Source
- Arimit 75mg: Otherwise known as Arimistane or Androsta-3,5-Diene-7,17-Dione, this substance is thought to act as an aromatase inhibitor. This means that it is assumed to block the production of oestrogen. No trials have ever been conducted in humans to test for effectiveness or side effects. Source
- N-Methyl D-Aspartic Acid 60mg: Although this supplement ingredient used to attract significant buzz for it supposed ability to boost testosterone, the only human trial that ever investigated it found that it could produce no effect on testosterone levels, muscle performance, or body composition. It appears to do very little at all. Source
- Capsorb 30mg: This ingredient is a patented form of sodium caprate, which has shown promising signs as a substance that can increase the bioavailability of supplemented drugs (i.e. it means that relatively more of the other ingredients in this product can be absorbed in the intestines). Source
Does Cannibal Alpha PCT Have Any Side Effects?
Cannibal Alpha PCT may come with some adverse effects, as some of its ingredients have caused side effects.
Curcumin is thought to be generally safe, but can sometimes cause diarrhoea, stomach upset, nausea, and dizziness. Indole-3-carbinol can cause skin rashes and small increases in liver enzymes. Anyone who has liver-related health issues should consult their doctor before taking any supplement containing Indole-3-carbinol, as very high doses can cause balance problems, tremors, and nausea.
Mucuna Pruriens has been known to sometimes cause nausea and bloating, and also may occasionally cause vomiting, sleeplessness, and abnormal body movements. Less common side effects include headaches, a pounding heartbeat, and mild psychosis (including hallucinations and delusions).
Arimit is still relatively poorly understood, and its hormonal effects could cause a range of side effects we are unaware of. So far, it has been suggested that over-use could lead to muscle pain, hot flushes, and vaginal dryness.
Do not exceed recommended serving size. Use only as directed. Not intended for use by persons under 18 or by those with a serious medical condition. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Please consult your physician before using this product.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Cannibal Alpha PCT?
Every time we review Chaos and Pain products, we notice that the company appears to attract relatively few product reviews and appears to systematically fake dozens more to attract attention. On Amazon, only 7 of the 36 reviews posted are verified as having purchased the product, and it appears obvious to us that many were written by friends and family of the company (or were otherwise reimbursed for their time). The few apparently legitimate reviews are still generally positive, with most praising the libido-boosting effects as a minimum.
I took Alpha PCT as a stand alone for two months before… let me tell you something, do not by ANY MEANS, take this without having a sex partner, long term or short. You MUST have someone to have sex with. This stuff is strong as hell. I maintained strength under a lot of stress and please my wife nightly under this stuff lol take it as a PCT when you run some test boosters too! It will bounce you right back very quickly. I’m hypersensitive to a lot of supplements and this one is the real deal. Thank you Chaos and Pain for being awesome from the time you were just a blog!
Definitely getting more cut without any diet changes. Tolerance for increased work volume after 5 days of taking it. Increased assertiveness and drive. Almost no soreness a day after 100 pull ups and 200 dips workout.
Best PCT I’ve tried. I use it after a SARM cycle and it fills the bill perfectly.
1. Great test boost without jittery side effects.
2. Normal sized capsules.
3. All ingredients are listed clearly.
1. Some terror sh!ts at first, but not near as bad as other PCT’s.
The old formula was so much more powerful. It’s interesting, on their website the product has been given 5 out 5 stars. I went and reviewed this product on their website and gave it 3 stars and 1 week later my review was deleted. This product is good for libido but that’s about it. The old formula was amazing for libido and great at the gym. I didn’t even feel I needed to take a pre-workout when I was using the old formula. This new stuff just gives me increased sex drive. I don’t even notice any effects at the gym. Sad to see such an amazing product get nuked.
Does Cannibal Alpha PCT Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
It’s tricky to say whether Chaos and Pain offer a true money back guarantee, as they fail to detail their policy anywhere on their website. The sentence quoted below is literally the company’s entire returns policy in full:
“Chaos and Pain offers a 100% money back guarantees as it stands behinds the quality of its products!!”
As regular readers will know, we only consider a money back guarantee as such if it offers customers a full refund within a reasonable time on all opened products (even if customers are expected to pay the cost and bear the risk of shipping the item back). If looking to return Cannibal Alpha PCT, it might be worth dropping an email to the company to receive the details of their returns policy in full.
Where Can I Buy Cannibal Alpha PCT?
Cannibal Alpha PCT can be purchased on the official Chaos and Pain webstore, MZ Store UK, Power Myself, Tiger Fitness, Get Supps, and others.
The cheapest prices we found available were on Get Supps, where a 90-capsule tub costs $31.95, and on Power Myself, where UK-based customers can buy the same tub for £27.99. On the official Chaos and Pain webstore and Amazon, a 90-capsule tub of Cannibal Alpha PCT costs $39.99 plus shipping. Other shops worth considering include Tiger Fitness ($36.99 for a month’s supply) or the UK’s MZ Store (£36.59 for a month’s supply).